M424G is a GPS-enabled, compact and affordable radio with top performance and great value, and features ICOM’s most intuitive user interface.
Active noise-canceling software quiets background noise by up to 90 percent on both outgoing and incoming calls. The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and time and can be used for DSC calls. Featuring “smart touch” soft key human interface, AquaQuake™, IPX7 waterproof rating and direct compatibility with ICOM’s MA-500TR AIS transponder.
- Built-in GPS Receiver: The built-in GPS receiver shows your current position and time and can be used for DSC calls. GPS data source is selectable from internal and external GPS (and GPS-OFF setting).
- Intuitive User Interface: Icom’s common Marine Family User Interface provides simple operation for the boat owner. A rotary selector and directional keypad provide intuitive operation. The high definition dot-matrix display allows all information to be clearly viewed.
- Built-in Class D DSC: The built-in DSC watch function monitors Ch. 70 (DSC channel) activity, even while you are receiving another channel. DSC functions include: distress, individual, group, all ships, urgency, safety, position request/report, polling request and DSC test calls.
- Common NMEA Interface: When receiving DSC information from another vessel, the M424G can transfer it to a navigational device via NMEA 0183 connectivity.
- Compatible with MA-500TR Class B AIS Transceiver: The M424G can be integrated with the MA-500TR Class B AIS Transponder, which allows you to transmit DSC individual calls to a selected vessel instantly without manual MMSI entry. It is very handy if you are waiting to contact vessels on the AIS screen – an essential safety feature in an emergency.
- IPX7 Submersible Protection: The M424G withstands submersion in up to 1.0m depth of water for 30 minutes.
- Favorite Channel Function: This function promotes quick channel selection. Set the “Tag” channel to the channels used most often. When pushing the up/down buttons on the hand microphone, only the tagged channels are selected, while untagged channels are skipped.
What’s in the Box
- M424G VHF Radio
- Hand microphone, HM-205B/SW
- DC power cable
- Mounting bracket kit